Preorders have always been an integral part of strategic inventory planning within the apparel wholesale industry. For brands, preorders help gauge interest in new styles and predict their next bestsellers, allowing brands to better plan production on popular styles in advance.
The wholesale apparel community best knows Faire as the platform to purchase new in-stock products and replenish existing inventory online. While we will continue to invest in supporting this critical buying experience, we have seen preorder sales on Faire grow more than 10x over the past year. With that in mind, our team has committed to meeting this exciting demand by investing heavily in building tools that reduce the burden of managing preorders and drive more sales each season. We’re connecting brands with thousands of new global retailers while offering unique financial tools to help our customers grow their businesses.
We’re proud of the work we’ve done to improve the preorder experience on Faire, and most excitingly, we’re just getting started. In the coming months, you’ll continue to hear more about the ways we’re making it easier to sell preorders online—starting with Faire Fashion Week, August 30-September 3, 2021. We hope you’ll join us.
Improved selling tools
We’re excited to provide you with new tools to make selling preorders on Faire easier, intuitive, and more successful for your business.
- Product upload tools: Our bulk uploader and integrations with common ERP systems make it easier to add your entire preorder catalog at once, reducing the effort required to get preorders ready to sell on Faire.
- Brand portal updates: Our redesigned brand portal simplifies accepting preorders, including updated order search and filter capabilities, and seamless tools to message customers directly from an order.
- Edit orders: If a retailer needs to change their order, you can easily edit preorders after they’ve been placed. Add more styles, adjust sizing, or remove products in an instant.
- Split orders: Delayed styles happen. You can now split an existing order into two or more orders, as product production shifts. Splits help you account for unforeseen shipping delays on products, customer requests to ship to multiple addresses, and more.
- Invoicing: To help your retailers place orders, you can write preorders on their behalf, then send them a simple invoice that they can pay without signing up for Faire. If they do sign up, you can extend the benefits of Faire Direct at 0% commission.
Unique incentives for buyers
By selling on Faire, you can drive more preorder sales each season by connecting with new global retailers looking for up and coming styles. Through Faire, you can offer your existing buyers unique incentives that help them buy more from you—at 0% commission. Manage inventory and orders through Faire’s unique set of tools, built just for apparel brands like you.
Shop at Faire Fashion Week—our designated preordering event
To help you increase demand for your preorders, Faire is hosting our first-ever Faire Fashion Week. Faire Fashion Week is the perfect place to launch your preorder lines to new retailers while selling more to your existing customers with Faire’s unique incentives.
You can invite your existing customers to preorder your lines at the event at 0% commission, plus you can offer any retailers new to Faire a $500 preorder credit along with a year of free shipping on your line. Additionally, Faire is funding volume-based specials to drive more success to you and our brand community, meaning retailers can receive 20% off when they preorder $1,000 or more from your brand — at no cost to you!
Learn more about the event here.
New to Faire? Click here to learn more.