Faire Summer Market 2021 came to a close today, with our third and final day of programming and discounted shopping ending at 11:59 PM PST. Livestream events included insights into PR best practices, tips for creating a memorable customer experience, and our Faire Summer Market award show. In case you missed it, read our recaps from day one and day two of the event.
Visual merchandising with Vertical Ledge
Sydney White, owner of Vertical Ledge—a company that designs and manufactures retail display stands—led market attendees in an educational session on visual merchandising. She spoke on the importance of the customer experience, sharing that strategic display and aesthetics are key to ensuring customers discover, enjoy, and return to your store.
Sydney advised on how to avoid invoking consumer decision fatigue by depicting a clear lifestyle within your space. Giving customers the experience of a desired lifestyle, she said, makes shopping more memorable. “In a world where you can buy everything with the click of a button, why would somebody go to your store? Because of the experience.”
The importance of tracking metrics with Ali Koplar Wyatt
Co-founder and CEO of Female Founder Collective, Ali Koplar Wyatt, gave an educational session on how to establish a sustainable business. Ali leveraged her experience working with companies like Goop, Refinery29, and ELLE to advise market attendees on identifying and measuring key business metrics to monitor, track, and adjust throughout the year.
Ali also noted the importance of ensuring your entire team is on the same page about chosen Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). “Translating KPIs into your organization and using them to rally your team around shared goals to effect change is a critical step to success.”
PR fundamentals with All You Need Method
Carla Nikitaidis, co-founder of small business consulting business All You Need Method, walked viewers through a PR 101 lesson where she covered crafting your message and standing out in a crowded market.
Carla, who also shared her business’ founding story alongside her co-founder Kathryn Humphries on Faire’s podcast Brick and Order, covered five hacks that small business owners can apply to their PR strategy. These hacks included simplifying your message, communicating your founding story, building your brand on core values, discovering your differentiation, and building a direct relationship with customers using social media. “If your dream customer has thirty seconds to look at your website, what do you want them to walk away with? Communicate that clearly.”
Brand spotlights with Effie’s Paper, KITSCH, and Haley Solar
- Kalyn Johnson Chandler, founder of lifestyle brand Effie’s Paper, shared the female empowerment mission behind her brand and showcased new colorful products from travel mugs to notebooks.
- Cassandra Thurswell, founder of lifestyle brand KITSCH, talked about the founding of her eco-friendly brand, and how the pandemic prompted them to pivot their line of products.
- Haley Solar, an upcycled apparel boutique, hosted a live session from their Los Angeles storefront where they highlighted some of their newest and most popular styles.
Faire Summer Market award show
Faire Summer Market closed out with an award show honoring the top-selling brands from the week.
- JaxKelly, maker of hand-crafted earrings and candles, was the best selling brand of the week.
- U.K. women’s accessories brand Powder Design was the best selling U.K. brand.
- The top-selling gift brand this week was Brooklyn Candle Studio.
- Los Angeles-based clothing brand Esley was the top apparel brand.
- The top-selling European brand was Netherlands toy company Waytoplay.
- Art and school supply brand Ooly was the top kids & baby brand.
- The top-selling brand in food & beverage was Candy Club.
Rewatch programming on demand
Visit our livestream hub to view recorded sessions from all our guest speakers thus far.
New to Faire? Click here to learn more.