Faire Summer Market, our first online trade show event, is just around the corner on August 26 and 27. This event is designed to help you get a head start on your holiday buying and give you access to deals on thousands of brands across categories.
You can prepare for market by taking a few quick steps beforehand. Today, we’re sharing four tips to ensure you’re ready to shop.
Apply for increased terms to maximize your show budget
Make sure your credit term limit on Faire is adequate to kickoff your holiday shopping. You can find your current terms status in your Faire account. If you wish to apply for terms or a limit increase before Faire Summer Market, be sure to do so now.
Connect your point-of-sale system to save time
By integrating your Shopify or Square POS account with Faire, any new products you purchase at the show will be automatically added to your point-of-sale system. Save up to four hours per month and keep track of useful data. You can visit the POS Manager in your Faire account to get integrated today.
Plan your buying by curating boards and following brands
Use merchandising boards to get inspired, save new brands and products, plan your assortment around a certain theme and focus your buying at Faire Summer Market. Plus, follow your favorite brands to get notified about their promotion details and new products.
There are endless ways you can use boards to support your buying. We’ve seen retailers curate by:
- Category: Some popular categories Faire retailers choose for boards include jewelry, candles, and face masks.
- Theme: Try organizing products into themes, such as gardening, vases, or ceramics.
- Month or season: Boards can be used to sequence your buying year-round. For example, add things you’ll buy now to an August board, and products you’ll buy later on a September one.
- Brand value: Organize by values that are important to you. “Zero waste” and “Black-owned” are popular values we’ve seen retailers bookmarking.
- Merchandising: Use boards as a visual merchandising tool by grouping products together based on how you may curate a gift box or store window.
To start using boards ahead of Faire Summer Market, login to Faire and visit your favorites tab.
RSVP for interactive livestream events
We are excited to bring you two days of programming from over 30 brands, industry guest speakers, and the Faire leadership team.
Check out the program schedule and RSVP to hosted livestreams where brands will feature new collections, share selling tips, and answer questions live. Also, RSVP to mark your calendars for sessions hosted by the Faire team and friends of Faire to help you head into the holiday season with confidence.
- Guest Speaker: Dana Telsey: Hear from Dana Telsey, CEO and Chief Research Officer of Telsey Advisory Group, on the changing retail landscape and predictions for Holiday 2020.
- Holiday 2020 Trendspotting: Tie Dye? Puzzles? Faire CFO Lauren Cooks Levitan shares buying trends from Faire retailers to help inform your show strategy.
- Guest Speaker: Patti Carpenter: Hear from Principal of carpenter + company/Trendscope Patti Carpenter on trend and color forecasting for the new normal and beyond.
- Q&A with Max and Lauren: Faire CEO Max Rhodes and CFO Lauren Cooks Levitan answer your questions!
New to Faire? Click here to learn more.