Customer reviews are not only an important way to inform target retailers and build credibility, but they also have the power to convince those who might be on the fence to buy from you. In fact, BrightLocal’s 2023 Consumer Review Survey reports that 98% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
What’s more: Power Reviews’ 2022 breakdown of user-generated content reports that the mere visibility of reviews results in an 8.5% increase in consumer conversion.
The good news is, 65% of consumers will leave a review at least some of the time if asked. But how best can you go about that?
Know the basics
Once one of your orders is successfully delivered, your buyer will automatically receive a reminder from Faire to leave a review.
- Reviews can be done from a buyer’s Orders page in the Faire portal.
- Reviews stay private for 48 hours so you can review, respond, or flag them to our team (if they violate our policies).
- Reviews can be submitted and edited up to 90 days after an order has been delivered.
Head here for more on the logistics of a review, and read on for tips on how to follow up.
Nudge buyers in the right place at the right time
You’ll want to make it as easy as possible for a buyer to spread the good news about your brand, and their state of mind matters. Here are a few ways to ride the waves of gratitude when asking your buyer to leave a positive, public-facing review.
- It’s always an impactful move to message buyers and check their satisfaction, particularly for first orders.
- If someone is reordering, they clearly appreciate your product and are a great review candidate.
- When a buyer tags you on social media to show their followers what’s newly (or back) in stock, they’re leveraging your goods as a way to get traffic into their store—and are well worth a nudge for a review.
After they leave a review, be sure to take the time to thank them. Often, doing so publicly is a nice way to encourage other buyers to do the same.
Proactively call buyers to action
To encourage more reviews, you include a small branded insert featuring instructions on how they can leave a review. You could also weave it in as part of your “thank you for your order,” in whatever shape that takes—be it an email, an in-app message, or a physical card.
Spread the word
Once you have some great reviews, make a point to share them on your website and social channels. Positive word-of-mouth endorsements have a great effect on other buyers, both new and existing. Plus, acknowledging a buyer’s kind words and showcasing them is a nice way to show your appreciation.
If you have the time, you could build out an Instagram reel or post with video endorsements from customers. It’s a great way to illustrate what you do, how you do it, and how your services benefit customers—which, hopefully, attracts more and repeat customers.
- Instagram reels receive 22% more engagement than regular Instagram video posts, and they show up on the app’s Explore page, a go-to spot for users to discover new content.
- You can add screen text and subtitles to enhance or highlight certain points (“my new go-to olive oil,” “incredibly easy to use,” “best summer purchase,” etc.).
- Since you can share your reel in both your account grid and your Stories, you can widen its reach with less effort.
Have more questions about Faire, the wholesale industry, or how to thrive in online retail? Join fellow entrepreneurs and makers in our Brand Community Forum, where we share advice and best practices. We also take your most pressing inquiries and answer them in greater detail here (like the best time to pitch retailers and how to surprise and delight customers).