Thank you for joining us for an exciting first day of Faire Summer Market! From the debut of a new wholesale collection live from the Candlefish candle library in Charleston, SC, to a tour of Latika Beauty’s beautiful Austin, TX factory and hand painted bath bombs, to a facial rolling demonstration with Honey Belle in Southern California — we hope you are enjoying all of the dynamic content from our amazing brand partners.
With nearly 5,000 brands running exclusive promotions across all categories, and average discounts of 20% with Faire promotion-matching, we’re thrilled to offer our retailers access to the best deals of the season from unique emerging and established brands.
After a hugely successful first day, we’re excited to share some of the day’s standout moments.
Congrats to our giveaway winners!
We have been so impressed by the creativity, courage, and resilience of our retailer community as we navigated one of the most severe economic downturns in retail history.
As a small token of our appreciation, we awarded ten of our retailers with a $1,000 shopping credit to use at Faire Summer Market. Stay tuned as we hear more about how these retailers put their credit to use at the event!
Industry insights from Dana Telsey
Consumer retail consultant, Dana Telsey, gave a powerful and informative presentation on the importance of innovation and flexibility in this unprecedented retail environment. She shared some of the advantages that small retailers have over big box stores, including the ability to establish a closer relationship with customers, provide a more differentiated and curated product assortment, and pivot inventory more quickly.
Despite the difficulty of this year, Dana expressed excitement and optimism about the future of retail, specifically the opportunity for independent retailers that are able to adapt quickly: “Small is cool, small is relevant, small lets you grow your customer base.”
Loving everything about this and feeling empowered by our ability to create unique experiences for our customers.Michelle Czarka, Pantry Products, as seen in livestream chat
Holiday trend data from Faire’s CFO, Lauren Cooks Levitan
Faire Chief Financial Officer, Lauren Cooks Levitan, revealed some interesting new trends for both consumers and retailers based on Faire search data, purchase data, and surveys of our retailer community.
Some key insights shared include an increased focus on higher-priced, quality-made items, new category popularity for shifting priorities around gardening, pets, and activism, and an increased demand for reliable shopping alternatives like curbside pickup and buy online, pick up in store. To learn more about these insights, read our trend predictions blog post here.
Additional brand livestream highlights
- The all-female team at Itzy Ritzy revealed the inside scoop on bestsellers, new products, plus ideas on how to adjust bags for different heights.
- 1 in 6 Snacks streamed live from their warehouse, educating retailers on their team’s mission to fight food insecurity.
- Spicewalla founder Meherwan Irani shared a valuable lesson on the importance of spice storage, plus insider tips from his career as an award-winning chef.
- Missy Livingston joined us to share her founding story and the history behind Twisted Wares’ patented Hang Tight Towel.
- Wet-it! showcased their functional and efficient cleaning products, including a demonstration of their all-new multipurpose cleaning stone, Clean-It.
- Floral designer Jon Paul joined Wilco Home to teach retailers how to create easy-to-make cotton orbs using inexpensive materials.
Join us tomorrow!
If you missed any of today’s events, you can find a recording of each livestream within the Faire Summer Market lineup.
Be sure to tune in tomorrow’s special events including our guest speaker, global trend forecaster Patti Carpenter, a Q&A with Faire CEO and CFO, and a closing ceremony to celebrate the future of local retail with a few awards for our partners.